The Washtenaw Coordinated Funding model consists of seven (7) partners meeting the needs of our community’s most vulnerable in four (4) priority areas through three (3) funding components intended to: support human services programming; build nonprofit capacity; foster community collaboration and systems-level change.
Background of Coordinated Funding
The Coordinated Funders adopted a funding model with three distinct components (Sector Leaders (formerly Planning & Coordinating Entities), Program Operations Funding & Capacity Building Grants) designed to prevent gaps and avoid redundancies in services while streamlining application and reporting procedures for grantees. This effort involved better sharing of information, closer work with local nonprofits to establish common community goals, and increased cooperation in funding decisions.
The Washtenaw Coordinated Funders seek to better coordinate our funding of human service programs in Washtenaw County around shared priorities. This effort involves better sharing of information among us, closer work with local nonprofits to establish common community goals, and increased cooperation in our funding decisions.
Goals of Coordinated Funding
- Understand the full landscape of needs and distribute resources more strategically
- Model the collaboration we espouse from funded agencies
- Leverage each other’s funding and resources
- Reduce or eliminate redundancies and streamline processes and procedures
- Better coordinate grant-making processes so we can make better informed decisions together.
- Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation (AAACF)
- Office of Community and Economic Development (OCED), representing Washtenaw County, Urban County and the City of Ann Arbor
- United Way of Washtenaw County (UWWC)
- RNR Foundation
- Saint Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor (SJMAA)
The Coordinated Funding Infographic provides a helpful visual representation of this complex model:
Coordinated Funding Evaluation
TCC Group conducted a third-party evaluation of the model in 2011:
With the help of TCC Group, the Coordinated Funders developed a Logic Model:
More Information & Resources
See the complete list of of all current investments made through the Washtenaw Coordinated Funders.
The Coordinated Funding Memorandum of Understanding for 2016-18 was signed by all six funding partners and serves as the basis for our partnership.
View the Coordinated Funding infographic.